The association of visually impaired citizens of Tuzla is nongovernmental, nonprofit organization which struggle for improvement of blind people's position. Our velues are mutual respect and transparency.
Blind persons are equal citizens in society without barriers.
The association of visually impaired citizens of Tuzla was established in 1999, but organizing blind persons in this area dates in far 1949. The association has 210 members from Tuzla, ?eli?, Srebrenik, Kalesija and Teo?ak of different ages and qualification. Regular member of the association can become every person who is considered blind by International definition of blindness.
The goals of the association are:
- registration of blind persons;
- support to blind children who attend ordinary and special schools;
- raising awareness of society about blindness issue;
- nonformal education of members (computer trainings, Braille, English language etc.);
- strengthening capacities of members and volunteers;
- supplying enabling aids;
- organizing sport and cultural activities;
- advocacy for disability rights with particular focus on women and girls;
- advancement of cooperation with representatives of the authorities;
- cooperation with other disability organizations in the country and abroad.
Current projects of the association
The project Equal blind child in regular classroom is implemented with financial support of Royal Norvegian Embassy in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- To contribut making more positive environment for education of blind and partially sighted children at the area of Tuzla canton;
- Creating preconditions for inclusive education of blind and partially sighted children at the area of Tuzla canton through out of development sustainable educational programs for children, teachers and parents.
The project Impowerment of women with disability as precondition for social inclusion is implemented in partnership with the Association of paraplegyc Doboj and with financial support of American Embassy in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Goals of the project: - To work on impowerment of women with disability in Doboj and Tuzla through out education about their rights;
- To contribute financial independence of 30 women with disability in Doboj and Tuzla through out education how to make business plan and create decorative products.
The Association of visually impaired citizens of Tuzla
The president of the Association is Tima Music
Rooms are opened for members and other interested every day except Saturday and Sunday from 08:00 to 15:30
Kazan mahala br.5, Tuzla, BiH
Web address: www.ugov-tuzla.org
Telephone: 035/266 - 001